The Prior period comparison dashboard lets you pivot the data and apply filters to quickly slice-and-dice the ledger data to compare accounts period-over-period and gain more insights.
Learn about pivoting and applying filters on the Prior period comparison dashboard.
Go to the Prior period comparison tab
- Select the logo in the MindBridge sidebar.
You will go to the Organizations page.
- Select View in line with the desired organization.
You will go to the Engagements page.
- Select View in line with the desired engagement.
You will go to that engagement's Data page.
- Select View Analysis on the desired analysis, or, open the sidebar and select Analyze, then select the name of the desired analysis.
- Once within an analysis, select Prior period comparison at the top of the page.
You will go to the Prior period comparison tab.
Tip: If you are already in an analysis, simply use the sidebar to open the Analyze menu, then select the name of the analysis you want to see and go to the Prior period comparison tab.
Pivot options are based on the imported dataset, whereas the options for filtering are created during column mapping.
The 2 main pivots for this dashboard allow you to select the group and the account you want to compare period-over-period.
For example, if you select the "Transaction structure" group and the "Revenue" account, the Prior period comparison dashboard will update the visualizations and tables below to display all Revenue accounts with transactions that contain a similar structure.
Filters may be generated by MindBridge (such as Source) or created by adding columns for filtering during column mapping (such as Region and Department) and allow you to select multiple values to filter on.
- Enter or select a filter from the available menu(s).
- Apply the filter to update the dashboard.
Anything else on your mind?