This guide will cover the process of importing a NetSuite general ledger into MindBridge.
- Import your General Ledger file into MindBridge through the File Manager, or by importing directly to the General Ledger section on the Data page. For step-by-step instructions, follow our Import a general ledger guide until the Map Columns step.
- At the Map Column step, if you did not format the file after exporting it from NetSuite, use the Split columns tool to extract the Account ID from the Account column. We suggest renaming this field to Account ID.
- If all account numbers are the same length, you may choose the Split by position option
- Otherwise chose the Split by Delimiter option and set the delimiter type to Spaces
- In addition to mapping the Account ID extracted in step 2 to Account ID, map the NetSuite fields as follows:
|MindBridge Column||NetSuite Field||NetSuite Description||Fields used in MindBridge||Used in Analytics*||Notes|
|Account ID||Account||Includes Account ID and Account Description||Required||Yes||Map the Account ID extracted in step 2, or using the NetSuite: Transformation of General Ledger guide|
|Effective Date||Date||Date of transaction||Required||Yes||Appears in format M/D/YYYY|
|Debit||Amount (Debit)||Debit amount||Required||Yes|
|Credit||Amount (Credit)||Credit amount||Required||Yes|
|Transaction ID||Document Number||Accounting document number||Recommended**||Yes||Please refer to our Transaction ID guide if one is not readily available. Also see note ** below this table.|
|Memo||Memo||Recommended||Yes||This will enable the Empty Text control point and allow you to see the memo field for each transaction/entry.|
|Account Description||Account||Optional||No||Can be left out as this field will be picked up from the Chart of Accounts.|
|User ID||System Notes: Set By||Who made the latest change to the record||Optional||No||Use to sort and filter results for reports|
|Entered Date||System Notes: Date||Date and time last modified in the system||Optional||Yes||Appears in format M/D/YYYY H:M am/pm|
* Optional columns, even if not used in the analytics, can be included for filtering and other visualizations, as indicated under Notes.
** Transaction ID is required but does not necessarily need to be in one single column. In the Review Data step of the ingestion process, MindBridge will recommend a transaction ID based on your data, or you can choose and/or combine different columns to create one. For more information: Understand Transaction ID and data integrity
Previous step: NetSuite: Transform the general ledger.
What do you think of this guide? If you have any feedback, or you think you can help us improve it, then we would love to hear from you! Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are offering rewards for any information that leads to the improvement of a guide or the creation of a new one.