Learn about the process of exporting a general ledger file from NetSuite.
- NetSuite has limits on the number of rows that can be retrieved per report. Saved searches do not have row limitations like reports, so we recommend creating a saved search, as detailed in the next section.
- We recommend exporting to CSV because NetSuite Excel exports are to XLS (not XLSX) files, which have a 65,536 row limitation.
- CSV files can be imported into MindBridge; however, if you would like to view your CSV export in Excel, see Converting text files (delimited or fixed width) to Excel.
- For more information on NetSuite export formats, see Exporting reports, searches, and lists.
Watch the following video on how to extract data or read the steps outlined below.
Open the video in YouTube for high resolution.
- Navigate to Reports→ New Search.
- Select Transaction.
- On the next screen, select Create Saved Search.
- On the Criteria tab, select the Posting, Account Type, and System Notes: Type options.
- On the Results tab, select the Date, Type, Document Number, Account, Memo, Amount (Debit), Amount (Credit), Source, System Notes: Date, and System Notes: Set by options.
To avoid duplicate Date columns and make columns more readable, set the CUSTOM LABEL for System Notes: Date as Created Date, and System Notes: Set by as Created By
- Select Save & Run. When the results screen appears, click on the text document (Export - CSV) icon to export to CSV:
Note: We do not recommend exporting to Excel because NetSuite Excel exports to XLS (not XLSX) format, which have a 65,536 row limitation.
- The resulting CSV file should be in a format like the following:
Next step: NetSuite: Transform the general ledger.
What do you think of this guide? If you have any feedback, or you think you can help us improve it, then we would love to hear from you! Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are offering rewards for any information that leads to the improvement of a guide or the creation of a new one.