Learn how to join columns into 1 single column.
This task is performed on the second step of the data import process, so you will need to have created an analysis on the Data page, and have begun importing a file.
- On the Map Columns step, select the ellipsis icon ( ) to the right of the column you want to split.
Select Join columns.
A pop-up window appears.
- In the Your columns section, select Add column.
You can add as many columns as needed.
- Use the menus to select the columns you want to join together.
- If you want to delineate the column contents, check the box beside Join by delimiter, then usr the menu to select the delimiter you want to use.
If you do not want to delineate the column contents, they will be joined exactly as they appear in the cells, with no spaces or characters in between.
- In the Data preview section, enter a name for the new column header in the text box.
- When you are satisfied, Save your changes.
The new column appears at the bottom of the Map Columns page, and is identifiable by a blue dot over the column name.
Anything else on your mind?