Learn how to join multiple columns into a single column.
This task is performed on the Map Columns step of the data import process. You must have created an analysis, and begun importing files into it.
- Select the more actions menu ( ) to the right of one of the columns you want to join.
- Select Join columns.
A pop-up window appears.
- In the Your columns section, select Add column.
You can add as many columns as needed.
- Use the menus to select the columns you want to join together.
- If you want to delineate the column contents, check the box beside Join by delimiter, then use the menu to select the delimiter you want to use.
If you do not want to delineate the column contents, they will be joined exactly as they appear in the cells, with no spaces or characters in between.
- In the Data preview section, enter a name for the new column in the text box.
- When you are satisfied, Save your changes.
The new column appears at the bottom of the Map Columns page and is identifiable by a blue dot over the column name.
Anything else on your mind? Chat with us or submit a request for further assistance.