Materiality is the minimum value that is considered to be significant.
Learn how to add and edit materiality in MindBridge
Add or edit materiality from any of these tabs on the Analyze page:
- Financial Statements
- Risk Overview
- Audit Assertion Risk
- Data Table
*Materiality is set to read-only within the report for Summary of Transactional Risk, Planning Analytics, and Significant Account reports.
- To add or edit materiality in a general ledger analysis, go to the analysis' Analyze page.
- Beneath Materiality, select Add or Edit.
The Add materiality window appears.
- Enter the material value in the Materiality field.
- Select the checkbox to display material accounts when you go back to the Financial Statements tab.
- Save your work and add materiality to the analysis.
Filter for materiality
If you selected the "show material accounts on financial statements" checkbox when adding/editing materiality, you will automatically see the Financial Statements dashboard populated with the Material accounts option.
- Go to the Financial Statements tab.
- Use the showing filter to select whether you'd like to see All Accounts, Material Accounts, or Immaterial Accounts.
The Financial Statements dashboard updates to show your selection.
- Go to the Risk Overview tab on the Analyze page.
- Use the Materiality filter to sort for:
- Above threshold: Current period value is above the materiality threshold.
- Below threshold: Current period value is below the materiality threshold.
- Above percentage of threshold: Current period value is above the provided percentage threshold.
The Risk Overview dashboard updates to show your selection.
- Go to the Data Table tab on the Analyze page.
- In the Filter builder, Add a condition from the following options:
- Above threshold
- Below threshold
- Above percentage of threshold
- Apply your changes to the filter builder.
- When you are satisfied with your filters, Apply your changes to update the Data Table.
Select Cancel at any time to discard filters and go back to the Data Table tab.
Admins can make materiality a required input, which blocks the ability to perform scoping if materiality is not added.