Populations are a different way of slicing and dicing your data in MindBridge, and can be set up for a variety of purposes. For example, they can be used to exclude entries that you know are not risky (e.g. monthly accrual reversals) or are tested separately (e.g. equity). You can also create populations from various conditions in order to help you better focus your attention on entries related to specific areas or business processes of interest.
Populations that exist in the library are copied into new engagements and shared with all analyses within the engagement. Analysis populations can also be added to the engagement in order to share them with other analyses within the same engagement.
Populations that are enabled in the engagement settings can be imported for use in new engagements.
Learn how to manage populations in the engagement settings.
Go to populations in the engagement settings
- Select the logo in the MindBridge sidebar.
You will go to the Organizations page.
- Select View in line with the organization you want to see, or click anywhere in the row.
You will go to the Engagements page.
- Select the settings icon ( ) in line with the desired engagement.
You will land on the General settings tab on the Engagement settings page.
- Select the tab for the analysis type you want to see settings for:
- General ledger
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- Select Populations in the left-side menu.
You will see a list of various populations.
The Populations screen within the engagement settings displays all available populations within the engagement. Populations are grouped by tenant hierarchy:
- Library: Populations that were defined in the library your engagement is using.
- Engagement: Populations that were created within your engagement — these may be promoted to the library-level for use across all engagements using that library.
Search for populations
Enter the name of the population you want to find (in part or in full) in the search bar, then press enter/return on your keyboard, or select the magnifying glass icon ( ) in the search bar to conduct the search.
Use the chevron icon ( ) in line with the population name to reveal details about the population.
You will see:
- The name of the population
- A timestamp detailing when the population was added to the engagement settings and by whom
- The analysis that the population was added from
- A brief description of the population or an explanation of its purpose
- The unique conditions (such as accounts) used to define the population
Add populations to the engagement settings
Populations that exist in the engagement settings are generally created and managed within the library or the analysis settings. You can use analysis results to create new populations, which can then be added to the engagement settings for use in other analyses.
- On the Populations screen, select Add a population.
A pop-up window appears. In the left-side menu you will see a list of analyses with available populations. The first analysis in the list is selected by default.
- Enter the name of the population you want to find in the search bar, then press enter/return on your keyboard, or select the magnifying glass icon ( ) in the search bar to conduct the search.
Use the chevron icon ( ) in line with a population name to reveal details about it.
- Check the box(es) next to the population(s) you want to add to the engagement settings. Optionally, use Select all to check the boxes next to all of the populations in the selected analysis.
- To add populations from multiple analyses, simply select a different analysis in the left-side menu, then check the boxes next to the populations you want to add or use Select all to select all of the populations within the selected analysis.
- When you are satisfied, select Add to engagement.
You will return to the Populations screen. The population(s) you added will appear at the bottom of the Engagement section.
Select Cancel to discard your selections and go back to the Populations screen.
Delete a population
You can only delete populations that were created in an analysis. Library populations cannot be deleted.
Deleting a population from the engagement settings removes it from analyses within that engagement. Once deleted from the engagement, a population cannot be imported into new engagements — however, the population will still exist within the library, so new engagements using the library will still be able to use the population.
- Select the delete icon ( ) in line with the population you want to delete.
A pop-up window appears.
- To permanently delete the population, select Delete.
You will return to the Populations screen.