The Custom control points screen provides an overview of the control points created by your team. These new control points are managed within the library, and will be available for use within engagements using that library. Each library can support 20 custom control points, which are grouped by control point type*.
Learn how to manage your custom control points in the library.
- Create a control point
- Edit a control point
- Rename a control point
- Duplicate a control point
- Delete a control point
Custom control points can only be created in general ledger analyses.
You must be an App Admin to view, create, and manage custom control points in the library.
Go to the "Custom control points" screen
- Open the MindBridge sidebar ( ).
- Select Admin ( ) near the bottom of the sidebar.
- Go to the Libraries tab.
- Open the Actions menu in line with the library you want to view.
- Select View library.
You will go to the Library details tab on the Libraries page.
- Go to the General ledger tab.
You will land on the Analysis configuration screen.
- Select Custom control points in the menu on the left under Risk settings.
You will see a list of custom control points created by your team (if any).
The Custom control points screen provides the following control point details at a glance:
- Name: The name of the control point
- Date modified: When the control point was last updated
- Published: The control point has been finalized and can be added to risk scores
- Draft: The control point can still be edited, renamed, and deleted; it cannot be added to risk scores
Use the chevron icon ( ) beside a control point name to reveal its description so you can better understand its purpose.
View additional control point details
Open the more actions menu ( ) in line with a control point, then select View details to see more information about it. You will go to the control point's details page.
Learn about the specific details available for custom Expert Rules.
Find a specific control point
Enter a full or partial search term into the search bar, then press enter/return on your keyboard or select the magnifying glass icon ( ).
Sort custom control points in ascending or descending order by selecting the column header. The darker triangle indicates the sort order.
Create a control point
App Admins can create up to 20 custom control points in the library. The process for creating new control points will vary by control point type, but you can start by selecting Create control point near the top-right of the screen.
Edit a control point
While a control point is still marked as a Draft, you can make changes to it as needed.
- Access edit mode...
- From the Custom control points screen: Open the more actions menu ( ) in line with the control point you want to update.
- From the details page: Open the Actions menu near the top-right side of the screen.
- Select Edit.
You will enter edit mode. The options available will vary by control point type.
Rename a control point
While a control point is still marked as a Draft, you can quickly rename it without making further changes.
- On the Custom control points screen, open the more actions menu ( ) in line with the control point you want to rename.
- Select Rename.
- Enter a unique control point name.
- When you are satisfied, Save your changes.
Select Cancel anytime to go back to the Custom control points screen without saving.
Duplicate a control point
Duplicating a control point lets you create a copy that you can modify as desired without impacting the original. You can duplicate control points that have been Published, as well as those still in Draft.
- Access the Duplicate action...
- Select Duplicate.
A copy of the control point is created immediately and you will go to its details page. The control point name contains a numerical suffix to indicate that it is a duplicate.
- When you are satisfied, Publish the control point to finalize it.
You will go back to the Custom control points screen. The control point will reflect the Published status, and can be applied to risk scores as needed.
Delete a control point
Draft control points can be deleted as desired, but Published control points cannot be deleted.
- Access the Delete action...
- Select Delete.
A confirmation window will appear.
- To permanently delete the control point, select Delete.
You will go back to the Custom control point screen, and the control point will be removed from the control point group.
Select Cancel to go back to the Custom control point screen without deleting the control point.