Once an analysis has been run, the files imported into it cannot be updated or re-imported.
If you need to replace a file in order to re-run an analysis, you can do so by creating a duplicate* of the analysis. This duplicate analysis will be set up with the same files and can be run immediately, or can be modified as needed before running.
Reasons for archiving and duplicating an analysis
You cannot make adjustments to the following file-related components after an analysis has been run. To adjust any of these components, you must first archive and duplicate your analysis.
General Ledger (GL) / Accounts Payable (AP) / Accounts Receivable (AR)
- Update or replace a file that was imported into a current or prior analysis period
- Update column mappings, or join, split, or duplicate column data
- Edit or add a delimiter
- Update the current or prior analysis period
- Update or apply transaction IDs
- Update or apply a material value, manual entry codes, or suspicious keywords to the analysis
- Opening or closing balance
- Chart of accounts
- Update or replace the chart of accounts file
- Update column mappings
Duplicate an analysis and update files
When you archive an analysis, you have the option to create a duplicate of the analysis. Unlike the archived version, the duplicate version has not been run, and can therefore be updated by you and your team as needed (i.e., you can update analysis periods, imported files, control point settings, etc.).
Step 1: Archive and duplicate the analysis
- Open the more actions menu ( ) in line with the analysis name.
- Select Archive.
A pop-up menu appears.
- Ensure the box is checked next to Duplicate analysis before archiving.
- When you are satisfied, Archive the analysis.
A copy of the analysis will be created on the Data page, which you can manage as needed. The suffix "(Copy)" will appear beside the analysis name to indicate that it is a duplicate.
Step 2: Import new files
- Use the expand icon ( ) to reveal details about the new analysis.
- Open the more actions menu ( ) in line with the appropriate period for the required file slot (for example, the general ledger in the current period).
- Select one of the following:
- Restart import — Immediately restarts the import process using the current file, which allows you to make changes as needed.
- Replace file from computer — Removes the current file and replaces it with a file from your computer. You will need to go through the import process again.
- Replace file from file manager — Removes the current file and replaces it with a file from the file manager. You will need to go through the import process again.
- Delete file — Removes the current file from the analysis. The file will still exist within the file manager and can be re-selected.
- If you restarted the import or replaced the file, select Continue import and proceed through the import process as usual.
- When you are satisfied with the import, select Run analysis.