Learn about the process of transforming for import into MindBridge a general ledger file exported from CivicView.
This guide assumes that you have exported an Excel file from CivicView in the following format, as detailed in the CivicView: Export the general ledger.
Transform the data
- The exported file does not contain any column headers, which might cause issues during ingestion into MindBridge.
- The format of the Amount column will not be recognized by MindBridge.
- The Control ACC column is not filtered.
Before importing into Excel, open the file in Text Editor and change the first line to remove the text string that appears in the first row of data. This can be done to the export Excel file as well.
After importing the text file into Excel, perform the following actions:
- Insert a new row 1, which includes the MindBridge required columns.
- Change column J (Amount) so the formatting is #,###.00.
- Apply a filter to Column A to only show Control ACC (Ledger ACC) and not the full account number.
The formatted file should look like this:
Previous Step: CivicView: Export the general ledger
What do you think of this guide? If you have any feedback, or you think you can help us improve it, then we would love to hear from you! Please contact us at email@example.com. We are offering rewards for any information that leads to the improvement of a guide or the creation of a new one.