Learn about the process of transforming for import into MindBridge a general ledger file exported from Sage 50 (Canada).
This guide assumes that you have exported a CSV file from Sage 50 (Canada) in the following format, as detailed in the Sage 50 (Canada): Export the general ledger guide.
Transform the data
The exported file comes in the grouped format, as a result not each individual transaction row has a properly designated Account ID and Account Description. Also, the file contains rows that have the blanks in the column C "Date" (MindBridge requires each transaction to have an affiliated posted date).
In order to make your Sage 50 (Canada) file ready to ingest by MindBridge, complete the following steps:
- Remove the first three rows that contain unnecessary header content. Be sure to keep the first row as a header row (containing the name of each column). Remove the empty row below the header row.
- Add column A "Account ID" and column B "Account Description" headers.
- Fill in the blanks of the column A "Account ID" and the column B "Account Description", so that each individual transaction row has a properly designated account number and description beside each transaction (i.e., dragging down to ungroup) by following the step #6 in the Data Formatting Guide: The Basics guide.
- Remove any rows that have the blanks in the column C "Date".
- Verify that the "Debits" and "Credits" columns balance once the unnecessary data rows have been removed.
- The formatted file should look like this:
Your file does not require any additional formatting and is ready to be imported into MindBridge.
Previous step: Sage 50 (Canada): Export the general ledger
What do you think of this guide? If you have any feedback, or you think you can help us improve it, then we would love to hear from you! Please contact us at email@example.com. We are offering rewards for any information that leads to the improvement of a guide or the creation of a new one.