Learn how to export a general ledger file from Sage 50 (US).
The sample company, Bellweather Garden Supply, is being used in this guide.
Watch the following video on how to extract data or read the steps outlined below.
Open the video in YouTube for high resolution.
- From the top bar, click Reports & Forms >General Ledger.
- Double click General Ledger.
- The report that is produced should look like this. Click the Options button.
- Select Specific Dates from the Date drop-down and specify the dates. You can keep the default options for Sorting and Summary (Sort by: GL Account ID). Make sure the Include accounts with zero amounts box is unchecked. Click OK.
- The report now looks like this. Click the Excel button.
- Keep the default export options as shown below. Click OK.
- The file should automatically open in Excel. Save this file to your PC.
- The exported file should look like the image below:
Next step: Sage 50 (US): Transform the general ledger
What do you think of this guide? If you have any feedback, or you think you can help us improve it, then we would love to hear from you! Let us know if this article was helpful or not below. We are offering rewards for any information that leads to the improvement of a guide or the creation of a new one.