This guide goes through the step by step process of preparing and exporting a journal report from QuickBooks Online.
QuickBooks Online does provide the option to export a General Ledger, however the output document isn't suitable for ingestion into MindBridge which is why we export the Journal instead.
MindBridge also provides the ability to connect directly to QuickBooks Online through our QuickBooks Integration. This allows MindBridge to access the required data without having to go through the process of exporting the journal report, transforming the data and uploading into MindBridge.
Watch the following video on how to extract data or read the steps outlined below.
Open the video in YouTube for high resolution.
- Log in to your QuickBooks Online account and click Reports on the left menu pane.
- Scroll down to the section titled For My Accountant and locate the Journal report. Note that by clicking the star icon next to the report you can select it as a favorite. Click on Journal.
- On the Journal page, click the Customise button.
- In the Report Period, select Custom from the drop down menu and fill in your desired date range for the report.
- Click Change Rows/Columns and select the following columns to include in your report:
- Transaction Type
- Account No.
- Created By
- Scroll down the page and click Header/Footer, then deselect the tick boxes to remove the headers and footers from the report. Click Run Report.
- Scroll to the right of the report and click the Export button. Select Export to Excel from the drop down menu and your report will be downloaded as an Excel Workbook file.
Anything else on your mind?