This guide goes through the step by step process of preparing and exporting a general ledger from SAP S/4 HANA Cloud.
Watch the following video on how to extract data or read the steps outlined below.
Open the video in YouTube for high resolution.
- On the SAP S/4 HANA Cloud homepage, navigate to the General Ledger section and click Display Line Items in General Ledger.
- You'll be brought to the Display Line Items in General Ledger screen where you can input a number of parameters in order to control what you view. If you need further explanation of these parameters, you can click the Open Help question mark icon in the top right.
- Select the appropriate ledger for your accounting method from the Ledger drop-down menu (Default 0L).
- Select All Items from the Status drop-down.
- Select Date Range from the Posting Date drop-down and enter the appropriate date range for the accounting period you wish to see.
- The remaining fields can be left blank.
- Now that the filters have been populated, click the Go button to run the report.
- Once the report has run, click the Settings cog icon on the right hand side of the screen.
- In the Columns tab, select the following columns by clicking the tick box next to each. You can use the search function in order to search for each of the descriptions. Once all the following columns have been selected, click OK to apply this filter to the report.
- G/L Account
- G/L Account Long Name
- Journal Entry
- Journal Entry Date
- Journal Entry Item Text
- Journal Entry Type
- Journal Entry Created By
- Posting Date
- Amount in Company Code Currency
- You can now export the report. Click the Export to Spreadsheet button on the right of the screen.
The exported file will be in a format suitable for ingestion into MindBridge without any changes necessary. As a result there is no Transformation guide for SAP S4/HANA Cloud, however you can learn more about column mapping and ingestion in our SAP S4/HANA Cloud Import Guide.
What do you think of this guide? If you have any feedback, or you think you can help us improve it, then we would love to hear from you! Please contact us at email@example.com. We are offering rewards for any information that leads to the improvement of a guide or the creation of a new one.