Account mappings imported with a chart of accounts file, or re-imported through the Account Mapping Settings page, cannot be deleted. The engagement data page is a cumulative import source, and each import contributes to the account mapping conditions of the engagement.
There are 3 ways to remove unused accounts or adjust mappings:
1. Re-import a new, updated chart of accounts file.
The new file will override any existing mappings applied to the general ledger and trial balance account numbers.
2. Export and re-import the account mapping summary.
Export all account mappings to Excel, apply any needed modifications to the account mappings, and re-import the updated version. This will override existing mappings.
You can also manually modify account mappings MindBridge on the Account Mapping Settings page, however, this can be time-consuming if many changes are needed.
3. Use the "Delete Unused Mappings" feature.
If you have imported an incorrect file:
- View your account mapping on the engagement's Data page.
- On the Account Mapping Settings page, open the Additional options menu.
- Select Delete Unused Mappings.
Deleting unused mappings removes any accounts not found in the imported general ledger or opening/closing balance files.
Note: An unused mapping is a mapped account that exists in the engagement's chart of accounts that is not present in any of the uploaded financial data (general ledger, opening/closing balance files). The chart of accounts contains account numbers found in the general ledgers and opening/closing balances, imported across the entire engagement. Deleting unused mappings will only delete mappings assigned to account numbers not found within any imported financial data.
Anything else on your mind?
- Importing a chart of accounts or MAC file
- Exporting and re-importing your account mappings
- Adjusting and verifying your account mappings
- Supported file types for chart of accounts files