Learn how to export a general ledger file from Sage 200 (UK).
Watch the following video on how to extract data or read the steps outlined below.
Open the video in YouTube for high resolution.
- Navigate to the Nominal submenu in the sidebar.
- Click Nominal Enquiries.
- Click Transaction Audit Trail List.
- Right-click on the large table now displayed and select Columns from the menu. You will need to go through and select the relevant columns to ensure they are displayed. We recommend selecting the following columns:
- Entry Source Name
- NLAcc Name
- Nominal Value
- Posted Date
- Second Reference
- Transaction Date
- Transaction Type
- Unique Reference Number
- User Name
Note: Every client may use the software slightly differently so it is not possible to provide a definitive list of columns to select. It is recommended to look through the data carefully to ensure you are selecting the correct columns based on the entries your client has made and the fields they are using.
- Click the Filter icon at the top of the screen.
- Click New to create a new filter.
- Give your filter a name (eg. Financial Year 2020).
- Select column “Financial Year Start Date”.
- Select condition “Is Equal To”.
- Enter the value to show your required financial year starting date (eg. 01/01/2020).
- Click Save.
- Right click on the table again and select Export > All to Excel.
- The file should automatically open in Excel. Save this file to your PC.
- The exported file should look like this:
Next step: Sage 200 (UK): Transform the general ledger
What do you think of this guide? If you have any feedback, or you think you can help us improve it, then we would love to hear from you! Please contact us at email@example.com. We are offering rewards for any information that leads to the improvement of a guide or the creation of a new one.
Anything else on your mind?