Learn to export General Ledger data from Sage 200 and import into MindBridge.
- Navigate to the Nominal submenu in the sidebar.
- Click Nominal Enquiries.
- Click Transaction Audit Trail List.
- Right click on the large table now displayed and select Columns from the menu. You will need to go through and select the relevant columns to ensure they are displayed. We recommend selecting the following columns:
- Entry Source Name
- NLAcc Name
- Nominal Value
- Posted Date
- Second Reference
- Transaction Date
- Transaction Type
- Unique Reference Number
- User Name
Note: Every client may use the software slightly differently so it is not possible to provide a definitive list of columns to select. It is recommended to look through the data carefully to ensure you are selecting the correct columns based on the entries your client has made and the fields they are using.
- Click the Filter icon at the top of the screen.
- Click New to create a new filter.
- Give your filter a name (eg. Financial Year 2020).
- Select column “Financial Year Start Date”.
- Select condition “Is Equal To”.
- Enter the value to show your required financial year starting date (eg. 01/01/2020).
- Click Save.
- Right click on the table again and select Export > All to Excel.
- The file should automatically open in Excel. Save this to your file to your PC.
Importing data into MindBridge
Once exported, your General Ledger is immediately ready to be imported into MindBridge.
During the upload process we recommend mapping your columns as follows within MindBridge:
|Sage 200 Column Title||MindBridge Suggested Mapping|
|NLAcc Name||Account Description|
|Posted Date||Entered Date|
|Transaction Date||Effective Date|
|Unique Reference Number||Transaction ID|
|User Name||User ID|
* NOTE: In our experience clients use Sage 200 in different ways so we recommend looking at the columns ‘Reference’, ‘Second Reference’, and ‘Narrative’ yourself to decide which is the most appropriate column to map as the Memo. Select the column with the most relevant useful information.
When asked, we recommend selecting Unique Reference Number as the Transaction ID within MindBridge.
Read more about the standard upload process in our Knowledge Base.