Learn about the Aging dashboard for account receivable analyses.
First, go to the Aging dashboard.
Use the AR aging table
The AR aging table displays summary aging information for each of your client’s customers.
The first row of the table displays an aging summary for your client’s total AR aging, as-at the end of the current period. Each subsequent row shows an aging summary for a single customer, also for the end of the current period.
The AR aging table has the following columns:
- Customer Name: The customer’s name, as it appears in your open receivables list
- Related: Any related party information that was present in your customer list
- Year: The fiscal year for which the current row of data applies
- # Entries: The number of outstanding entries in your AP sub-ledger for the current customer
- Total ending balance: The sum total of all outstanding entries for the current customer
- 0-30 / %, 31-60 / %, 61-90 / %, 91-120 / %, 121+ / %: The value of all outstanding entries for the current customer that fall into the corresponding age range, expressed as both a monetary value and as the % of the total of all outstanding entries for the current customer
Selecting a specific customer
Use the menu at the top of the table to select a customer. This will show the total AR aging summary, the aging summary for the customer in the table, and the year-over-year aging graph just below the table.
Viewing prior-period information
If available, prior-period information can be accessed with the chevron left of the customer name.
Drill down to the Data Table
Use the drill-down icon ( ) on a specific row to go to the Data Table dashboard, and see a filtered view of that customers' full current-year AR subledger information.
Year-over-year aging graph
This graph displays the changes over time for a given customer, or for your client’s total accounts receivable balances with each line on the graph represents the customers open receivables as-at one year-end. Here you will see the % of the customers' balance that are in a given range with the values on the left representing newer receivable and those on the right representing older receivables.
The graph displays the aging of the total accounts receivable balances by default. Selecting a specific customer will cause the graph to display information for that customer. Hover over a point on the graph to show the exact % of receivable value that falls into the selected age range for the current and previous periods.