Learn about the process of exporting a general ledger file from Symitar MDT.
- Log in to Symitar Episys Quest.
- Select Navigate/Information Systems/Batch Control.
- From the Drop Down next to Program, select GL Transaction Register.
- Input Effective Start Date and click next.
- Input Effective End Date and click next.
- Branch List: ALL
- Select All GL Accounts or Specify an Account Number Range (The file may be too large to run all GL’s at once. If that’s the case, it will be helpful to break it up by category: income, expense, assets, liabilities and equity).
- If you are specifying an account number range, enter low GL account number and click next.
- Low GL Account Suffix: Leave blank and click next.
- Enter high GL account number and click next.
- High GL Account Suffix: Leave blank and click next.
- Print accounts with no activity? Select No and click next.
- Batch Options? Select No and click next.
- Batch Queue: 0 and click next.
- Okay? Select Yes and click next.
- The report will run. Now select Navigate/Information Systems/Print Control to find the report.
- Next to Title: enter GL TRANS.
- Locate the GL Transaction Register you just ran and make a note of the sequence number.
- Select Navigate/Information Systems/PC Transfer.
- On the right side of the screen, select Reports.
- Locate your report by the sequence number.
- On the left side of the screen, find the folder you would like the report to go to.
- Click and drag the report to that folder.
What do you think of this guide? If you have any feedback, or you think you can help us improve it, then we would love to hear from you! Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are offering rewards for any information that leads to the improvement of a guide or the creation of a new one.
Anything else on your mind?