Filters can be applied to the Data Table to sift through information. Each of MindBridge's default libraries comes with a unique set of filters to help your team save time and gain efficiency.
Default filters can be updated and removed from your custom libraries as needed, and you can create new filters for your teams to use.
Learn how to manage filters in a library.
You must be an App Admin to view and manage filters in the library.
Go to filters in the library
- Open the MindBridge sidebar ( ).
- Select Admin ( ).
- Go to the Libraries tab.
- Open the Actions menu in line with the library you want to view.
- Select View Library.
You will go to the Library details tab on the Libraries page.
- Select the tab for the analysis type you want to create a filter for:
- General ledger
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- Select Filters (selected by default in AP and AR tabs) in the menu on the left.
You will see the available filters for that analysis type in this section.
Create a filter
You can create filters in the library as needed. New filters will be made available to all engagements using the library.
Step 1: Define the filter
- Select Create Filter in line with the filter category you wish you add to.
- Enter a Filter name.
- Open the Category menu to select which category the new filter should belong to.
You can choose from existing options or create a new category by entering it into the field and pressing enter/return on your keyboard.
Step 2: Add conditions
- Select Add a condition to see a list of available options:
- Account: Select the account numbers related to financial transactions you want to filter for.
- Control point: Select specific control points that have been scored high, medium, or low risk. Learn about control points
- Keyword: Enter specific keywords you want to find, then press enter/return on your keyboard.
- Risk score: Select from the list of available risk scores. Learn about risk scores
- When you are satisfied, Add or Apply the condition to the population.
- To add an "or" statement, Add a condition to the same row.
- To add an "and" statement, Add a condition to the next row.
- Select Add row to add additional "and" conditions.
For example, if you select Assets "and" High risk 2 Digit Benford, MindBridge will display all transactions related to Assets that caused the 2 Digit Benford control point to receive a high score.
Remove conditions (optional)
- Select the X icon beside the specific condition you want to delete.
- To remove a whole row of conditions, select the delete icon ( ).
Step 3: Apply "is"/"is not" rules
By default, conditions are the criteria that will be filtered for in your analysis results (indicated by the word "is" to the left of the condition), but you can also create filters that exclude specific conditions.
- To add a condition that excludes data that meets specific criteria, select the word is in the condition field.
- Select is not from the menu.
For example, if you want to filter for all accounts that are not Asset accounts, the condition should be set to "is not Account Assets".
Step 4: Finalize the filter
When you are satisfied, select Create filter. The filter is added to the library and you will go back to the Filters screen.
Select Cancel any time to discard your changes and go back to the Filters screen.
View filter details
Use the chevron icon ( ) in line with a filter to reveal the conditions applied to it.
Select the chevron icon ( ) again to close the expanded view.
Edit a filter
You can edit your filters in the library as needed. Changes are applied to all engagements using the library.
- Select the edit icon ( ) in line with the filter you want to update.
The Edit Filter window appears.
- Follow the relevant steps in Create a filter (steps 1 to 3 above).
- When you are satisfied, select Update to save your changes.
You will go back to the Filters screen.
Select Cancel at any time to discard changes and go back to the Filters screen.
Delete a filter
You can delete filters from the library as needed.
- Select the delete icon ( ) in line with the filter you want to delete.
A warning window appears.
- Select Delete to permanently delete the selected filter.
You will go back to the Filters screen.
Select Cancel at any time to go back to the Filters screen without deleting the filter.