The Ratios dashboard displays ratios grouped by categories, defined by the library your engagement is using. You can create and edit new ratios from this dashboard.
Choose which ratios are shown on this dashboard from the Engagement Settings.
Navigate to the Ratios tab
- Select the MindBridge icon in the sidebar to go to the Organizations page.
- Select View in line with the desired organization, or click anywhere in the organization row to go to the Engagements page.
- Select View in line with the desired engagement, or click anywhere in the engagement row to go to the Data page.
- Select View Analysis on the desired analysis, or use the sidebar to open the Analyze menu, then select the name of the analysis you want to see.
You will go to the Analyze page.
- Select the Ratios tab.
- On the Ratios tab, select Create Ratio.
- Enter the Ratio Name.
- Use the Category menu to select a category, or enter in a new category.
- Add accounts, numerators and denominators to your ratio as needed.
Learn more how to use the ratio builder.
- When you are satisfied, select Create Ratio.*
The ratio you created adds a new graph on the Ratios dashboard, with the title you gave your ratio.
*Note: Ratios will only be available for use in the engagement in which they were created. To apply a ratio across multiple engagements, select the Add Ratio to Library checkbox before creating your ratio.
- To view ratios, select a category name to expand the section.
You will see the ratios and corresponding graphs.
- Select a period name in a graph's legend to show and hide time periods.
These graphs deploy a line for each time period included within your analysis.
- Select the information icon to reveal the ratio that makes up the graph, and whether or not the ratio belongs to a library.
Expected current period range
If your analysis contains 4 prior periods, you will see an expected range for each data point in the current period. This expected range is a prediction of current period values based on the trends present in prior periods. Points that fall outside of this expected range are highlighted in red.
Note: Ratios created within the analysis can be edited; ratios pulled from a library cannot.
- Go to a ratio graph you created.
- Open the Actions menu.
- Select Edit.
- Make adjustments to the Ratio Name, Category, and ratio calculations, as needed.
- When you are satisfied, select Update.
Note: Annotations made to this ratio prior to editing will be removed.
Promote a ratio to a library
Note: You must be an Admin to perform this function.
Ratios are available for use in the engagement in which they were created. Promoting a ratio to a library allows to you leverage that ratio across multiple engagements.
- When creating or editing a ratio, select the Add Ratio to Library checkbox.
- Once satisfied, click Update.
If you have imported adjustments, reclassifications, or eliminations into your analysis, select the Adjustments toggle to view ratios with the adjusted values.
There are 2 ways to export ratios.
- Export a MindBridge ratio: Select the export icon in line with the ratio name.
- Export a ratio you created: Open the Actions menu in line with the ratio name and select Export.
The export is an .xlsx file containing 2 sheets:
The ratio displayed as a graph
The data that makes up the graph
Note: Ratios created within an analysis can be deleted; ratios from the library cannot.
- Open the Actions menu in line with the ratio name.
- Select Delete.
A warning appears to let you know that deleting a ratio cannot be undone.
- Select Confirm to permanently delete the ratio.
Anything else on your mind?
Chat with us here, or reach out to your assigned Customer Success Manager.