Learn about the process of exporting a General Ledger from Xero (UK Version), without Adviser permissions.
Note: The below guide was created using the UK version of Xero. However, it should still be a valuable article for using other versions of Xero.
- Click the Accounting drop-down and then click Advanced.
- Click Export Accounting Data.
- Select Caseware (this is the only export format that provides a Journal ID, which corresponds with the Transaction ID within MindBridge.
Export your General Ledger (GL) file and opening trial balance for every period. If you're auditing the year ended 31 December 2018, you will want the following documents;
- Trial Balance as at 31 December 2017 (Opening Balances)
- Trial Balance as at 31 December 2018 (Closing Balances)
- GL from 1 January 2018 to 31 December 2018
Once you have the documents, you will need to add column headers to your Trial Balance documents.
Trial Balance headers
- Account Number
- Account Name
- Account Name 2
Your data should now look like this: