Learn about the process of exporting a general ledger file from NetSuite.
- NetSuite has limits on the number of rows that can be retrieved per report. Saved searches do not have row limitations like reports, so we recommend creating a saved search, as detailed in the next section.
- We recommend exporting to CSV because NetSuite Excel exports are to XLS (not XLSX) files, which have a 65,536 row limitation.
- CSV files can be imported into MindBridge; however, if you would like to view your CSV export in Excel, see Converting text files (delimited or fixed width) to Excel.
- For more information on NetSuite export formats, see Exporting reports, searches, and lists.
Open the video in YouTube for high resolution.
- Navigate to Reports → New Search.
- Select Transaction.
- On the next screen, select Create Saved Search.
- On the Criteria tab, select the Posting, Account Type, and System Notes: Type options.
- On the Results tab, select the Date, Type, Document Number, Account, Memo, Amount (Debit), Amount (Credit), Source, System Notes: Date, and System Notes: Set by options.
To avoid duplicate Date columns and make columns more readable, set the CUSTOM LABEL for System Notes: Date as Created Date, and System Notes: Set by as Created By
- Select Save & Run. When the results screen appears, click on the text document (Export - CSV) icon to export to CSV:
Note: We do not recommend exporting to Excel because NetSuite Excel exports to XLS (not XLSX) format, which have a 65,536 row limitation.
- The resulting CSV file should be in a format like the following:
Next step, NetSuite: Transform the general ledger.
Anything else on your mind?