Learn what to do if the data you need to import spans multiple sheets in Excel.
An error appears when an Excel file with more than one worksheet is imported.
Step 1: Combine all sheets into one
- If the data has merged cells, unmerge them.
- Right click on any tab and choose Select All Sheets.
- Click the top left square (left of column A) to select all cells in all worksheets.
- Go to Format > Cells (keyboard shortcut Ctrl+1 on PC or command+1 on Mac).
- Select Alignment, and make sure that Merge cells is unchecked.
Step 2: Ensure that all worksheets are in the same format
Each worksheet must contain the exact same columns in the exact same position and order; e.g., account number in column A, account description in column B, memo in column C, debits in column D, credits in column E.
Step 3: Copy and paste the data from each worksheet into one single worksheet.
In the following situations, feel free to submit a data formatting request to the Customer Support team:
- If there are too many rows to fit onto 1 Excel worksheet
- Additional formatting needs to be done (for example, ungrouping)
- There are many worksheets and many workbooks
Because MindBridge can only read a single worksheet, the data found after the first worksheet is ignored.