The accounts in your imported dataset must be mapped to appropriate MAC codes. This teaches MindBridge the structure of your account hierarchy, and allows MindBridge’s control points to run effectively against the data.
Learn how to create an account grouping with a CCH group trial balance and apply it to a library.
You must be an App Admin to perform this task.
Go to the Account groupings tab
- Open the sidebar ( ) from anywhere in MindBridge.
- Select Admin ( ).
- Go to the Account groupings tab.
You will see a list view of all the account groupings available in your tenant.
Create an account grouping with a CCH group trial balance
Since a CCH file doesn't have a credit or debit column, MindBridge examines the entry's MAC code to determine the value of the entry.
- Select Create account grouping near the top of the page.
A pop-up window appears.
- Select CCH Group Trial Balance.
- Select Next.
- On the next screen, enter an account grouping name.
- Select the document to import with drag and drop or browse your computer.
When you select the file to import, MindBridge begins importing and validating the Excel template.
- When the import process has completed, select Next.
You will go back to the Account groupings tab.
- Verify that your accounts have been mapped to the appropriate MAC codes, and ensure every account has the proper account tags and industry tags.
- When you are satisfied, Publish your new account grouping.
A pop-up window appears indicating that changes cannot be made to an account grouping once it is published.
- Confirm your decision to publish.
The new account grouping is available in the Account groupings tab in the Admin section.
Apply the account grouping to a new library
- Within the Admin settings, go to the Libraries tab.
- Select Create library.
A pop-up window appears.
- Provide the following information:
- Library name: The name used to identify the library across MindBridge.
- Base library: New libraries must be based on an existing library to leverage predefined ratios, filters, and control points across different analyses. Selecting a Base Library will match the parameters of this new library with your Base Library choice.
- Account grouping: Select the account grouping you created.
- Industry tags: As auditors create account groupings with different accounts, instances of overlap may occur; industry tags can be leveraged to employ only a portion of an account grouping’s accounts.
- When you are satisfied, select Create library to create the new library, or Cancel to return to the Libraries tab.
Apply the library to a new engagement
To perform this task, go to the organization’s Engagements page.
- Select Create engagement.
You will go to the Create Engagement page.
- Use the Library menu to choose a library for the new engagement*.
- Once you’ve filled out the form and chosen your library, select Create engagement.
Your new engagement will be listed with the rest of your organization’s engagements on the Engagement page.
*Learn more about creating an engagement.