Learn how to create an account grouping with a CCH group trial balance and apply it to a library.
You must be an App Admin to perform this task.
Go to the Account groupings tab
- Open the sidebar ( ) from anywhere in MindBridge.
- Select Admin ( ).
- Go to the Account groupings tab.
You will see a list view of all the account groupings available in your tenant.
Create an account grouping with a CCH group trial balance
Since a CCH file doesn't have a credit or debit column, MindBridge examines the entry's MAC code to determine the value of the entry.
- Select Create account grouping near the top of the page.
A pop-up window appears.
- Select CCH Group Trial Balance.
- Select Next.
- On the next screen, enter an account grouping name.
- Select the document to import with drag and drop or browse your computer.
- When the import process has completed, select Next.
You will go back to the Account groupings tab.
- Verify that your accounts are properly mapped to the appropriate MAC code, and ensure every account has the proper account tags and industry tags.
- When you are satisfied, Publish your new account grouping.
- A pop-up window appears indicating that changes cannot be made to an account grouping once it is published.
- Confirm your decision to publish.
The new account grouping is available in the Account groupings tab in the Admin section.
Apply the account grouping to a new library
Go to the Admin settings as described above
- Go to the Libraries tab.
- Select Create library.
A pop-up window appears.
- Provide the following information:
- Library name: The name used to identify the library across MindBridge.
- Base library: New libraries must be based on an existing library to leverage predefined ratios, filters, and control points across different analyses. Selecting a Base Library will match the parameters of this new library with your Base Library choice.
- Account grouping: Select the account grouping you created.
- Industry tags: As auditors create account groupings with different accounts, instances of overlap may occur; industry tags can be leveraged to employ only a portion of an account grouping’s accounts.
- When you are satisfied, select Create library to create the new library, or Cancel to return to the Libraries tab.
Apply the library to a new engagement
To perform this task, go to the organization’s Engagements page.
- Select Create engagement.
You will go to the Create Engagement page.
- Use the Library menu to choose a library for the new engagement*.
- Once you’ve filled out the form and chosen your library, select Create engagement.
Your new engagement will be listed with the rest of your organization’s engagements on the Engagement page.
*Learn more about creating an engagement.
Anything else on your mind? Chat with us or submit a request for further assistance.