While you can map individual accounts in MindBridge, you can also map multiple accounts at once using the following method. This is helpful when you need to map many accounts to the same mapping code.
Go to the Data page
- Select the logo in the MindBridge sidebar.
You will go to the Organizations page.
- Select View in line with the desired organization, or click anywhere in the organization row.
You will go to the Engagements page.
- Select View in line with the desired engagement, or click anywhere in the engagement row.
You will go to the Data page for that particular engagement.
Tip: If you are already in an analysis, simply use the sidebar to go to the Data page.
Map multiple accounts
- Open the more actions menu (3 dot icon) in line with the analysis name.
- Select Verify mapping or View mappings, depending on whether or not the accounts have been mapped yet.
You will go to the Account mapping page.
- Check the boxes next to the accounts you want to map.
A blue bulk actions bar will appear.
- Open the Actions menu in the bar.
- Select Edit account type.
A pop-up window will appear.
- Use the menu to select a mapping code, or enter the code into the text field.
When you are satisfied, select Done.
The accounts you updated will have a new status of Manual, which indicates that the account mapping was completed by a user, not automatically through the use of a chart of accounts file.
Anything else on your mind?
- Adjust and verify account mappings
- Exporting and re-importing account mappings
- Video: Account Mapping and Verification